- All contents of the parcels are your responsibility. Anything illegal sent can be prosecuted by UK, EU and/or destination country law.
A Shipment is deemed unacceptable if:
- no customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations,
- it contains counterfeit goods, animals, bullion, currency, gem stones; weapons, explosives and ammunition; human remains; illegal items, such as ivory and narcotics,
- it is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), ADR (European Road Transport Regulation on dangerous goods) or other relevant organization (“Dangerous Goods”),
- its address is incorrect or not properly marked or its packaging is defective or inadequate to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling,
- it contains any other item which Norden Express decides cannot be carried safely or legally.
- If the Shipment is deemed to be unacceptable as described in Section 2, or it has been undervalued for customs purposes, or Receiver cannot be reasonably identified or located, or Receiver refuses delivery or to pay Customs Duties or other Shipment charges, Norden Express shall use reasonable efforts to return the Shipment to Shipper at Shipper’s cost, failing which the Shipment may be released, disposed of or sold without incurring any liability whatsoever to Shipper or anyone else, with the proceeds applied against Customs Duties, Shipment charges and related administrative costs with the balance of the proceeds of a sale to be returned to Shipper. Norden Express shall have the right to destroy any Shipment which any law prevents Norden Express from returning to Shipper as well as any Shipment of Dangerous Goods.
Third Party services:
- On occasion we are using third party courier service to offer better all around service. We do our very best to choose only most reliable business partners, but should anything go wrong at their end we will not take the responsibility for third party mistakes.
- Norden Express has the right to open and inspect a Shipment without notice for safety, security, customs or other regulatory reasons.
Goodwill discount, credits and claims:
- Goodwill discount is applied to shipments as we feel right to do so, but we have the right to remove goodwill discount should we decide it is not right any more.
- Any credits are applied to full service charge where goodwill discount is classified as part of a credit payment to the client.
- We are not responsible for conditional damage.
- All claims must be submitted in writing to Norden Express within thirty (30) days from the date that Norden Express accepted the Shipment, failing which Norden Express shall have no liability whatsoever. Claims are limited to one claim per Shipment, settlement of which will be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
- Shipper agrees to all routing and diversion, including the possibility that the Shipment may be carried via intermediate stopping places.
- All parcels have actual weight and volumetric weight, price is calculated for whichever is greater – actual weight or volumetric weight.
- Volumetric weight is Calculated like this:
(length cm x width cm x height cm)/5000 = volumetric kg
- Parcels are measured by its longest side for length, width and height. Irregular shape parcels are measured same as box shape parcels by imaginary fitting box around them.
- Parcels received by us for shipment must be packaged at your responsibility; if the contents sent are damaged by poor packaging we have the right to refuse responsibility.
- If a parcel is clearly unfit to be shipped we can re-package it for you for a fee (variable).
- Repackaging can only be offered to parcels that arrive to our warehouse 1whole workday or more prior to shipping.
Please be aware that delays can happen during Christmas. We send a lot of parcels during and prior to Christmas time and although we do our uttermost best to get your parcels to destination on time, sometimes the volume is too great to keep to the time limits and the delivery time can take between 7 to 14 workdays. To be sure your parcel(s) get to your destination on time for Christmas, please make sure your important parcel(s) get to our warehouse no later than 2.5 weeks before.